Structural Heart Live Cases is broadcast from The Mount Sinai Hospital Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory on the second Tuesday of every other month from 9:00 am – 10:00 am (EST). The cases will be archived and posted online either later that day or the day after. The archived cases are enhanced with a topic overview and downloadable slide set.
The goal of this new program is to demonstrate safe therapeutic options in the treatment of structural heart disease. We will highlight safe and effective techniques using live demonstrations for the treatment of heart valves and muscle. The purpose of this live webcast is to educate the Interventional Cardiologist, of all levels of expertise, to confidently treat structural heart disease. We will provide a multi-disciplinary forum to discuss all available medical, surgical and interventional treatment paradigms. This is an interactive learning platform to allow the individual to actively participate in an on-line discussion with questions submitted via email. Live structural heart disease webcasts will also include Power Point presentations with live cases moderated by world renown-experts in this field.
Upcoming planned case topics include:
- SAPIEN TAVR
- CoreValve TAVR
- Balloon Mitral Valvuloplasty
- Percutaneous Mitral Valve Therapy
- Alcohol Septal Ablation
- Almost 50% of the patients with severe aortic stenosis (AS) cannot undergo surgical aortic valve replacement (SAVR) due to their comorbid condition.
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) is emerging as a viable option in many AS patients.
- Appropriate triage of severe AS patients to balloon aortic valvuloplasty (BAV), TAVR or SAVR are still not clear to many practioners.
Upon completion of these activities, participants should be able to:
- Understand the case selection process for TAVR procedures.
- Understand the results of the randomized trials of percutaneous valve therapy.
- Understand the appropriate referral of AS patients for BAV or TAVR or SAVR.
The primary target audience for Live Structural Heart Interventions includes Cardiologists, Interventional Cardiology Fellows, CVT, Cath Lab Nurses and Industry Professionals.